Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chapters 10-11

One of the things that I liked about the reading was the page about decorating the student's notebooks. Writing can be such a difficult thing to get into as an elementary student. It's not something that just comes natural and is done well quickly. It takes time and effort. For a student to really want to write, it's up to the teacher to make it interesting. Decorating a notebook might seem small to a teacher or an adult, but I think it can get the student excited about writing. They can have a craft day and do different things to make learning more fun. The writing spot was also really neat. Just like a place to read, there should be a place to write in the classroom. I am 21 years old and I still have trouble finding that special place to sit and write. Writing can be so hard if its not quiet or if I don't feel comfortable. How can we make the students feel comfortable and make sure the place its "just right?" I think the best way is to ask the students where they like to write most, or where they feel most at ease. This will bring up a discussion and then can elaborate to an even deeper discussion on strategies to write. What are some strategies that students could do to brain storm ideas about what to write?

1 comment:

  1. I definitely think we should ask students where they like to write. I know I also like to find the right spot to write. We don't have to always make a job harder than it is. I think by simply asking a student where they would like to write, addresses the issue appropriately.
    -Anthony Walton

    ReplyDelete