Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Coffee House Observation

During my visit at the coffee house I was told to observe people and their activities. Who is in this place? What do they look like and what are they doing?

In the coffee house I noticed all kinds of diversity. I visit this coffee house many times a week and never have I observed what goes on around me. I was pretty amazed at the diversity that was presented. I look straight ahead of me and I see a man, tattooed all over his face and body who is alone working on his computer. He looks as if he may be working on something but I couldn't quite see what. I then look to my left and there are three college aged girls gossiping away about who knows what. Behind me are two older woman, around the age of 35. They look as if they are taking a break from work and eating some lunch casually talking. I see 2 different men who are much older alone reading the paper. I also see men around the age of 40 who might also be taking a lunch break from work. I am amazed that in such a small area at a coffee shop that there are this many different people in here. They are all leading different lives and talking about completely different things, all in a small coffee house.

No comments:

Post a Comment