Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Online writing, not boring school writing

After reading this article, I felt that I could relate to the students. I think that writing online and talking out loud about what was written helps me see the subject more and not only in my perspective but in others too. I think blogging provides a way to express how one feels or share thoughts about a topic or novel. At the same time, after writing your own blog, you can then look at others and relate to them. This can give other views on topics and in turn makes the student learn more about that certain topic. I can understand the principals concern when the students are posting their addresses online or simply writing about topics that do not concern school. This can destroy the learning atmosphere and not help a student. This may be the only negative part about it though and can be fixed. Blogging has many positive aspects to it more so than negative. This article shows the students who believe that blogging helped them speak their minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment